MUMBAI: Prime Focus Technologies (PFT), the technology subsidiary of Prime Focus, a global leader in media and entertainment services, has unveiled CLEAR AI. It offers transformational AI-led technology and media services powered by the cloud that help streaming platforms, studios, and broadcasters lower their Total Cost of Operations (TCOP) by automating their content supply chain.
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, CLEAR, has been put in place to streamline the foreign language mastering process and is designed for the media and entertainment industry.
Multi-platform content fulfillment demand from the library continues to grow exponentially. Fulfillment encompasses activities that include the most appropriate content identification, determination, and creation of missing material, aligning all pieces of content, including video, audio, and text artifacts, and developing ready-to-distribute masters. PFT’s clients find these activities to be highly laborious, time-consuming, and expensive when done at scale as this includes custom work and massive coordination between internal studio teams and global vendors, resulting in an extended timeline, a slower go-to-market, and delayed monetization.
Introducing CLEAR AI to simplify the Foreign Language Mastering process:
· Assisting the mastering team in creating international masters with AI tools to help human mastering efforts offering convenience, speed, efficiency, and faster time to monetization.
· Automatically identifies languages in dubs, subs, and on-screen text
· Identifies metadata and segments to master from multiple versions
· Compares versions and determines the best master to conform
· Helps conform foreign language assets (dubs and subtitles) even across multiple frame rates
· Automatically creates forced narration files that can be localised
· Identifies and packages foreign language master in the specified format
“A powerful combination of identifying languages and content segments, comparing versions, conforming, and packaging masters using AI boosts operational productivity by at least 3X. This makes the process simple and as easy as possible for both businesses and editors,” said PFT senior vice president and head of product management Murali Sridhar. “With an AI-driven approach, foreign language mastering works at an exceptional scale and speed like never before.”
One can utilise CLEAR AI to create fully localised foreign language file masters for distribution in multiple international territories. It helps experience 60-75 per cent reduction in editorial/conform effort, gain efficiencies, speed, and faster time to market. It is basically mastering made easy.
PFT works with major media and entertainment companies like Walt Disney-owned Star TV, Hearst Television, Channel 4, Sinclair Broadcast Group, A&E Networks, Warner Media, PBS, CBS Television Studios, 20th Century Fox Television Studios, Lionsgate, Showtime, HBO, NBCU, TERN International, Disney+ Hotstar, Cricket Australia, BCCI, Indian Premier League and more.