MUMBAI: The annual marquee event of the Asian video industry, the Asia Video Summit will return as a full hybrid event this year on 1-2 November. There will be physical events in both Hong Kong and Singapore, as well as a live stream of all sessions to be made available on its interactive event platform.
The Asia Video Summit is organised by Asia Video Industry Association (Avia) with Create Hong Kong of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as the lead sponsor. The aim of the Asia Video Summit is to tell a holistic story of the state of the video industry, looking at all aspects of it and articulated by its decision makers, to provide its delegates with a comprehensive view of the state of the video industry today.
In the post-COVID-19 era, media and entertainment companies have been the darlings of Wall Street. This narrative has recently changed, however, and arguably irrational exuberance has given way to irrational pessimism. But is the streaming business model fundamentally flawed, or is this just a recalibration in an era of inflation and post-pandemic trauma? How do the trajectories of investment vs monetization balance each other? And where does Asia sit compared to other parts of the world? Do subscriber numbers foretell a golden period of growth in Asia that can counter negative narratives from the West?
At this year's Summit, they will be speaking to the people who are determining the future of the video industry in Asia. Besides the state and future of the video industry, they will also explore the growing role and advance of advertising, the technology behind the customer experience, a detailed look at the role of news and sports today and the burning topic of environmental sustainability.
Some of the key speakers of the Summit include:
-A+E Networks managing director Asia Saugato Banerjee
- StarHub chief of consumer business group Johan Buse
- True Corporation deputy director, planning & business development, strategic content group Kirana Chew
- Media Partners Asia executive director Vivek Couto
- Warner Bros. Discovery president & managing director Western Pacific James Gibbons
- BBC Studios senior vice president & general manager Asia Phil Hardman
- Astro vice president, head of sports Nicholas John
- Zee5 chief business officer Manish Kalra
- beIN Asia Pacific managing director Asia Mike Kerr
- Disney Streaming head of product - developing markets Sidd Mantri
- Airtel Ads CEO Vignesh Narayanan
- Mediacorp chief commercial officer, chief digital officer Parminder Singh
- TVING CEO Jay Yang
- Media Prima Television Networks deputy CEO Nini Yusof
The Asia Video Summit is sponsored by Gold Sponsors Brightcove, BytePlus, INVIDI, PubMatic, Tencent Cloud, TV5Monde, Silver Sponsors AsiaSat, Broadpeak, Dolby, Edgio, Google, Gracenote, InvestHK, Irdeto, Magnite, Measat, Mirada, Nagra, SES, Synamedia. Create Hong Kong of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as the lead sponsor supports the Community Outreach Programme that provides complimentary passes for local video and creative industries-related SMEs and tertiary students to participate in the virtual Summit. Complimentary in-person Mentoring Workshops will also be held on 10 November to provide tips about the media industry.