MUMBAI: APOS, the deﬁning voice and global platform for the Asia Paciﬁc media, telecoms and entertainment industry, is shifting online in 2020 with two virtual editions on 21-23 July and 1-3 September 2020.
Created and curated by Media Partners Asia (MPA), the APOS 2020 Virtual Series provides unparalleled conversations, insights and connectivity across global markets, uniting diverse industry leaders and players focused on addressing the challenges and future catalysts for growth and investment across media, entertainment, sports, telecoms and technology sectors.
“Bringing together TMT industry leaders across continents to provide strategic vision online with interactive and on-demand functionality, the APOS 2020 Virtual Series will be a definitive experience and knowledge platform, enabling key stakeholders to navigate the future of video globally with a special focus on Asia Pacific,” said MPA executive director Vivek Couto.
Asia's Path to Recovery
The world faces major economic challenges in the midst of the pandemic. What does the path to recovery look like and which countries have momentum as economic activity resumes? What policies need to be emphasized?
With depressed valuations, markets are signalling downgraded views of profitability. How true is this narrative and what structural changes do key players need to embrace? How can consolidation across key verticals and geographies generate synergies and value? What are the potential sources of funding?
Priming the Advertising Pump
After more than three months of Covid2019-induced hibernation, brands and advertisers are re-engaging with consumers. What are the new priorities for marketers and advertisers? How are advertisers working with media owners to engage with audiences to accelerate growth?
Rise of The Streaming Economy
1H 2020 has witnessed unprecedented growth in online video consumption. Does this represent a fundamental change in behaviour or is it temporary? Has this accelerated OTT scalability? Will libraries be sufficiently deep and the consumer experience positive enough to retain users? What specific strategies need to be implemented to see that gains are expanded?
The Future of TV
With viewership higher than any time in recent history, traditional TV retains vitality. But ad revenues are shrinking and, in most markets, subscription revenues are under pressure as existing business models are stressed. How are key players managing the present and positioning themselves for the future?
Connectivity and The Bundle
The demand for broadband is stronger than ever. What are the implications for fibre broadband and 5G in emerging markets? What is the potential for new bundles and partnerships to meet consumer entertainment needs?
Live Sport's Future
With shortened or eliminated play seasons, dramatically reduced sports attendance, TV rights obligations under review, and pay-TV sports bundles under pressure, many issues are compressing professional league profits. How are leagues responding? Will an incremental bridge to next year surface or is a more radical approach required?
Opportunities in Online Gaming
A multibillion-dollar industry with its own ecosystem, from IP creation to distribution, has seen unprecedented demand over the last 6 months. What does the future roadmap look like for the online gaming ecosystem and which parts of the value chain will benefit most?
The Creative Economy
With unparalleled demand for video content and social distancing norms stressing traditional production processes, how are the current challenges for content creation being navigated and what is online video’s evolving impact on storytelling?
Premium Video Advertising
While consumption has spiked, low realization rates plague the sector. What are the strategies to fuel the growth of AVOD as global social video platforms, connected platforms and local broadcasters expand the digital video advertising pie?
Theatres have been closed. Hollywood tentpoles delayed while other films go direct to VOD. Social distancing is the new normal. How are producers and exhibitors responding to this unprecedented environment?
Phygitisation and the Video-First Future of E-commerce
E-commerce is pervasive. Short video apps are starting to look more like commercials, but e-commerce apps may also have to become video apps as the lines between the two start to blur. In parallel, new hybrid ‘phygital’ models are developing in large scale emerging markets.
Over two series (alphabetical company order):
. Allen Lew, Chairman, AIS
· Somchai Lerstutiwong, CEO, AIS
· Mike Hopkins, SEVP, Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studios
· Henry Tan, Group CEO, Astro
· Nicholas Swierzy, Group Chief Strategy Officer, Axiata
· Sunil Taldar, MD, Bharti Airtel DTH India
· Kishore Moorjani, Senior MD, Blackstone Group
· Kevin Mayer, CEO, TikTokand COO, ByteDance
· Manuel Rougeron, EVP, APAC, Canal+
· Peter Chernin, Founder and CEO, Chernin Entertainment
· Jean-Briac (JB)Perrette, President and CEO, Discovery Networks International
· Alvin Sariaatjama, CEO, Emtek
· Ajit Mohan, CEO, Facebook India
· Scott Lorson, CEO, Fetch TV
· Patrick Delany, CEO, Foxtel
· Ernest Cu, President, Globe Telecom
· Ashutosh Srivastava, CEO, APAC, GroupM
· Gong Yu, CEO, iQiyi
· Xianghua Yang, SVP, iQiyiand President, Overseas Business Group, iQiyi
· Joy Lee, CEO, Kakao Page
· Andy Kaplan, Co-Founder, KC Global Media Entertainment
· Jae-Ho Song, EVP, Korea Telecom
· Johannes Larcher, MD, Digital and VOD Websites, MBC
· HaryTanoesoedibjo, CEO, MNC Group
· Michael Nathanson, Partner, Moffett Nathanson
· Vivek Couto, Executive Director and Co-Founder, MPA
· Andre Kudelski, Chairman and CEO, Nagra
· Juliet Dongwha Kim, Director, Business Development (Korea), Netflix
· Hugh Marks, CEO, Nine Entertainment
· Patrick Tillieux, CEO, OSN
· Janice Lee, MD, PCCW Media
· Alfred S. Panlilio, CEO, Smart and Chief Revenue Officer, PLDT
· Joseph Ravitch, Co-Founder and Partner, Raine
· Arthur Lang, CEO, International, Singtel
· Jared Grusd, Chief Strategy Officer, Snap
· Nana Murugesan, MD, International Markets, Snap
· Joonpyo (JP) Lee, CEO and Managing Partner, Softbank Asia Ventures
· Soo Hugh, Executive Producer and Writer
· Peter Kaliaropoulos, CEO, StarHub
· Maaz Sheikh, CEO and Co-Founder, Starz Play Arabia
· Jinhee Choi, CEO, Studio Dragon
· Hyun Park, MD, Studio Dragon International
· Abe Peled, Chairman, Synamedia
· Jamie Lin, President, Taiwan Mobile
· Harit Nagpal, CEO, Tata Sky
· Dan Brody, MD, International, Tencent Investments
· David Goldstein, CEO, Towers AP
· Afshin Mohebbi, Senior Advisor, TPG
· Robert Bakish, President and CEO, ViacomCBS
· David Lynn, President and CEO, ViacomCBS Networks International
· Nancy Dubuc, CEO, Vice Media
· Uday Shankar, President, The Walt Disney Company APAC and Chairman, Star and Disney India
· Gerhard Zeiler, CRO, WarnerMediaand President, WarnerMediaInternational Networks
· Stephanie McMahon, CMO, WWE
· Punit Goenka, CEO, Zee Entertainment