NEW DELHI: GAIAN Solutions India, a leading Technology and Consulting company that develops products and solutions for the Media and Entertainment industry, launches MAYA Platform for Satellite Broadcasters.
The LIVE Demo of ‘Maya Platform’ can be viewed between 21st to 23rd January at ‘Gaia TV’ Stall No.C-183, Upper Floor, Hall No. 18, Convergence India 2014, PragatiMadian, New Delhi.
Intoday’s fierce and highly competitive broadcasting environment, sole revenue generating models of straight jacket spot selling are fast becoming redundant.
A highly fragmented audience and an emerging class of smart advertisers exposed to the world of internet/world wide web are craving for a similar experience on TV as well since it’s the biggest screen in any household. This has made the industry look for a solution enabling localized content distribution and alternate possibilities of targeted advertising to create value for both broadcasters and advertisers.
Addressing this need ofthe industry, Maya platform by Gaian Solutions is a technology that offers exciting real time localized cloud content services thus offering powerful tools to enhance Broadcasters programming content. This is done by delivering different broadcast content (Programs, Overlays, Advertisements, etc.) simultaneously across different locations at the same time. It has potential to change Satellite Broadcasters revenues by orders of magnitude.
Chandra Kotaru, President and CEO - Gaian Solutions said “From the outsetwe have set the bar for technological innovation in digital TV, achieving an unrivalled array of industry firsts.Another such innovationMayais a breakthrough solution which has phenomenal potential to grow Indian TV industry by magnitude and it will increase value for all stake holders of Indian TV Broadcast ecosystem.”
The Maya platform offers six never-before seen solutions to the challenges and opportunities facing today’s broadcasters.
1. IP Free Edge Insertion: Maya’s localization technology integrates internet feeds and cloud content delivery mechanisms right into the uplink broadcast eliminating the need for internet connectivity at the edge devices. This liberates broadcasters from any kind of ecosystem challenges in commercializing localized data services.
2. Platform Agnostic Localization: Maya is platform agnostic ensuring seamless localization across all delivery channels be it a satellite broadcast or an OTT platform.
3. Satellite IRD Cloud Receiver: For the first time ever, Maya’s IRD integrates cloud and satellite reception into one device.
4. Full Featured HD IRD Storage Streamer: Therefore this full HD IRD player and streamer ensure savings on broadcasters HD migration budgets.
5. Full Featured Back Office & Self care Portal: Maya offers a full featured Back Office & Self-Care portal to automate the work flow of sourcing, delivery, approval, distribution, proof of play and billing of local advertisements
6. Automated Social Media Feed Injection: Maya allows broadcasters to report breaking news, latest events and trending topics, as they happen on Social Media platforms.
Thus Maya allows broadcaster to:-
- Change the broadcast deferred by region and by time at a click of a button from central studio. Deferred Broadcast by Region
- Enhance coverage of local events, rallies, and public meetings etc., on one part of the TV screen while the other part continues to run on the primary screen
- Insert all overlays of the edge using MAYA Edge Insertion Device that is 3D ready
- Supports local storage, advance audio options and unlimited regional language.
- Grow engagements with minimum CAPEX wherein the investment can be made by region right for localization.
- Go local on a global platform (GLOCAL Concept). ‘Maya’ is a Television broadcaster’s localization platform.
In a nutshell, Maya platform provides an end to end seamless solution to Satellite Broadcasters’ various needs of management & controls of hardware, software, content & business services by advance usage of technology. Prime aim is to increase more avenues for satellite broadcast industry to increase business intake, top line revenue as well as improve the bottom line profitability.
Maya Platform has already found the partners in Indian Broadcast Industry, Information TV Private Ltd , the network which owns and operates 9x News and India News bouquet of TV channels and Spoorthi Communications Pvt. Ltd. which operates ‘10TV’a Telugu News channel from Andhra Pradesh, have commissioned Gaian Solutions to install ‘Maya Platform’ for their channels.
To speak about Maya Platform, Kartikeya Sharma, MD of ITV Network said, “There has always been a notion that news channels are not profitable, but I feel quite contrary to that. I think news channels can be profitable if we get our business models right. Things are changing rapidly and technology has a very important role to play, so if channels adapt and learn technology, then it can be really helpful in their growth and Maya Platform is the key.
‘We are really exited to adopt Maya Platform, as it opens various new ways to communicate with our viewers at grass root level where they are more concerned with local issues which directly affect and influences their life, Maya Platform helps us do so and monetize local advertising opportunities at the same time,” Quoted S. Prasad, COO of 10TV.