Mumbai: IMDb has announced the release of new features to the IMDb app to help customers get the most out of their streaming subscriptions. With the launch of 'Preferred Services,' a new feature that helps entertainment fans navigate the expansive world of streaming services, customers can set a list of the streaming platforms they subscribe to, so the app can prioritise the 'Where to Watch' information from those providers for each customer.
This enhances the IMDb app 'What to Watch' and 'Where to Watch' features that help customers navigate the vast streaming and entertainment landscape in the following ways:
1. IMDb currently supports the biggest streaming platforms in India and is working towards getting an exhaustive set of providers onboarded on our Watchbar to ensure a great customer experience. Customers in India today can already see ‘Where to Watch’ information from a wide set of platforms, including Hotstar, JioCinema, MX Player, Netflix, Prime Video, SonyLIV, Sun NXT, TVFPlay, Voot, Voot Kids, and Zee5.
2. After setting their preferred services, customers will have instant access to custom entertainment recommendations right from the IMDb app home screen. Also new is a ‘Trending on your services’ feature to help customers see what movies and TV shows are trending high on the streaming services they use most, and an ‘Explore what’s streaming’ feature that tracks what’s trending on all providers. For users, this means less scrolling and more time enjoying entertainment with friends, as a family, or on their own.
3. When a customer is interested in a title, they can go to that title page on IMDb to see if it’s playing in theatres or streaming on any platform. If the title is streaming on multiple platforms, the Watchbar will also highlight the preferred service it’s on.
4. If a title interests a customer, they can add it to their Watchlist, which is a great place to track the movies and TV shows they want to watch. They can access all their Watchlisted titles easily from the homepage, or from their profile. They can sort their Watchlist by title, IMDb rating, or popularity, and arrange their titles in the order they want to see them. With the launch of the ‘Preferred Services’ feature, customers can now also filter their Watchlist by content that is available to stream on their preferred services.
5. Customers can now also see how many fans have added a particular title to their Watchlist, signaling interest around a title or fandom that they might be interested in.
6. Customers will receive push notifications when titles related to their Watchlists or Favourites are entering or leaving streaming, coming into theatres, or becoming available to rent and/or purchase. They will also be notified if a new episode of a Watchlisted web series is airing that evening in their locale, and when a new trailer from a Watchlisted title becomes available.