Television

TV Today Network’s shareholders approve raising FDI limit to 26%

http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/smartcrop_800x800/public/images/tv-images/2015/09/24/Untitled-1_39.jpg?itok=O8s7A42T

MUMBAI: Shareholders of the Aroon Purie led TV Today Network, which runs the Hindi news channel Aaj Tak and English news channel India Today Television, have approved to increase the foreign direct investment (FDI) limit in the company up to 26 per cent.

As of now, TV Today does not have holdings by any foreign institutional investors (FIIs). Currently, TV Today’s mother company Living Media India has a 56.92 per cent stake in the company, whereas TV Today Network managing director Aroon Purie owns 0.49 per cent, which together totals to 57.42 per cent. The remaining 42.58 per cent is held by various mutual funds, financial institutions, insurance companies, individuals, trusts and NRIs (Non Resident Indians) amongst others.

The company said that subject to approval of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), it’s shareholders had approved to increase the limits of foreign investment by FPI (Foreign Portfolio Investor) and FIIs up to 26 per cent and by NRIs up to 24 per cent of the paid up capital of the company, under the Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS) of FEMA Regulations 2000.

It may be recalled that in June this year, the company’s board had approved the increase in foreign investment limit, which was subject to shareholder’s approval. 

Purie along with TV Today Network head - legal & compliances, company secretary and vice president (internal audit) Dr Puneet Jain have been authorised to expedite the process by preparing all necessary documents as well as inform the concerned authorities or regulatory bodies for the same. 

Currently the Indian government allows upto 26 per cent FDI and investment by NRIs, PIOs, FIIs and FPIs in media companies that publish newspapers and periodicals or run news and current affairs channels.

Latest Reads

http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/26/ipl.jpg?itok=Kx126Oo_
Arnab Goswami to lead IPL finale debate on Star Sports

MUMBAI: Prior to the IPL finale, viewers will witness an interesting debate led by Republic World co-founder, MD and editor-in-chief and TV most prolific face Arnab Goswami. The theme of the debate is who will win the world’s toughest finals? The show will see cricket experts led by team Dean...

Television TV Channels Sports
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/mnx.jpg?itok=b--2gVnf
MNX launches Super League chatbot

No one can ignore India’s crazy love for cricket, including English movie channels. MNX, the new age Hollywood channel for young India launched the very innovative MNX Super League chatbot, an interactive avatar of its TV show ‘MNX Super League’ on Facebook.

Television TV Channels English Entertainment
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/porus.jpg?itok=cz1OH3uq
Porus reaches 10 Asian countries

MUMBAI: Porus is travelling internationally. The mythological show being aired on Sony Entertainment Television has made its entry in Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Brunei, Laos and Myanmar through JKN Global Media and in Indonesia with Soraya Intercine Films. Porus is now being watched in 10 Asian...

Television TV Channels GECs
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/MUNCH.jpg?itok=Q0kBzHw6
India News Manch - Modi Sarkar Kitni Asardaar? India News Conclave to Analyze Modi Government’s Four Years in Power

India News, known for its direct and unbiased brand of journalism, is all set to host a special conclave Manch – Modi Sarkar, Kitni Asardaar? (How Effective Has the Modi Government Been?) in New Delhi on Friday, May 25, 2018. The day-long event will present a comprehensive overview of the BJP...

Television TV Channels News Broadcasting
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/rekha.jpg?itok=ExfdDvbS
How relevant is the age old Lakshman Rekha in today’s times; questions &TV with Mitegi Lakshman Rekha!

Ravan’s abduction of Sita highlighted the consequences of crossing the ‘Lakshman Rekha’ for generations. However, with the talks of gender equality, women’s liberation and financial independence, amongst others, being the topic of global discussion, how relevant is this ‘Lakshman Rekha’ in today’s...

Television TV Channels GECs
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/anmol.jpg?itok=f-BJ33Wt
Zee Anmol most watched channel across genres

BENGALURU: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (Zeel) free to air (FTA) Hindi GEC Zee Anmol has reached the realm that has been normally occupied by the Sun TV Network’s flagship Tamil GEC Sun TV or by one of the Hindi channels that has been airing the Indian Premier League. What is remarkable is...

Television TV Channels Viewership
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/Star%20Sports.jpg?itok=RfDxBBn0
Star India mulls adding VR to PKL 6

MUMBAI: Star India is taking the Indian Premier League (IPL) experience to other sports. After a phenomenal reception for using virtual reality (VR) in IPL 2018, it is diversifying into Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) season six.

Television TV Channels Sports
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/25/megha.jpg?itok=HUy8yJ6a
BTVI to leverage digital mediums for growth

MUMBAI: English business news channel BTVI is completing two years in August this year. The company was transformed from Bloomberg TV India after Bloomberg decided not to renew its deal with Business Broadcast News. BTVI got its COO Megha Tata in 2016 at the same time it got its new name. 

Television TV Channels News Broadcasting
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/05/24/zeetv_0.jpg?itok=Pu75zUWg
Zee TV the leader amongst GECs

As per the recently released BARC HSM weekly data (Urban + Rural) for week 20 ’18, Zee TV has claimed the top position in Hindi GEC space with 316640 impressions in HSM and 199155 impressions in urban markets and saw a robust growth across its primetime fiction shows. The channel continued to be a...

Television TV Channels GECs

Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories