MUMBAI: CNN has been named the leading news brand in the Asia Pacific region according to the inaugural Ipsos Affluent Survey Asia Pacific. The survey shows that CNN is the clear leader in daily, weekly and monthly reach, as well as the multi-platform leader across TV, online and mobile.
For the first time, the Ipsos Affluent Survey Asia Pacific takes a holistic, all-inclusive measure of media brand performance. The results show whether it’s TV, web or mobile, consumers turn to CNN above all other news brands, with 40% greater multi-platform reach than the next placed brand.
Duncan Morris, Vice President of Research at Turner International Asia Pacific, says even with new methodology the results are the same with CNN still number one. “The long term strategy has always been to make CNN available anytime, anywhere. This data proves without a shadow of a doubt that it’s the right strategy and it’s working. CNN has embraced new technologies to further our reach. The region’s affluent consumers can and do access CNN anywhere – on TV, online and via smartphones and tablets. This multi-platform strength combined with first class journalism, in-depth stories, and quality video, is what sets us apart.”
Highlights of the new research include:
- CNN is the leading international news brand in the Asia Pacific region in all metrics: daily, weekly and monthly reach, and on all platforms: TV, online and via mobile
- One third (34%) of the region’s affluent population consume CNN (TV, web or mobile) during the course of a month, rising to 46% of top management and 71% of frequent business travelers.
- As a TV brand, CNN has 52% more weekly viewers than the next placed news channel, and is watched by twice as many (+103%) business decision makers as the leading business channel
- Not only does CNN have more viewers overall, it has more exclusive viewers than any other news or business channel2. Over the course of a month, almost one in three (30%) CNN viewers watches no other news or business channel. This is 2.9 times more exclusive viewers than the next placed channel
- In the digital realm (web sites + mobile), CNN has 71% more users than the next largest brand3
Notes to editors:
CNN multiplatform reach and CNN digital reach includes CNN Money
- Took 6+ international business trips by air in past 12 months
- Other news/business channels: Al Jazeera English, BBC World News, Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg TV India, Channel NewsAsia, CNBC, CNBC TV18, SBS CNBC, Euronews, RT, Sky News
- Excluding social media, search and portal sites
Source: Ipsos Affluent Survey Asia Pacific, Q3-Q4 2013