MUMBAI: ABP News Lets Fly The Flag initiative, started in 2012 has reached a new pinnacle this year. Other than the celebration of 68th Independence Day and the musical performance by an ace artist Irfan, the initiative this year was partnered with Singham Returns to recognize the act of bravery by a common man.
“Let’s fly the flag is one of the most successful initiatives that have been undertaken at ABP News Network. Though its journey is short but the success is immense-from being just an on air initiative in 2012, it has become an on ground + on air property. This initiative is very intrinsic to the ABP News Network as it is a reflection of all that we believe in-connecting with our viewers. We have celebrated the bravery of common people using this initiative as the platform. And we would continue to do so in the future.” shared Ashok Venkatramani, CEO, ABP Network
In 15 days of campaign on ABP News, viewers were asked to send entries of their act of bravery and winners were selected using a stringent process. A total of 10 winners were awarded by the entire cast of Singham Returns – Ajay Devgan, Rohit Sheety, and Kareena Kapoor in a ceremonial ground event at Amity University, Noida. The winners of the award were:
• Promila Katiyar for saving her 5yr old grand daughter from a thief
• Shalini Tomar for saving her daughter from kidnappers
• Veeru and Ramandeep for saving 2 girls from goons in Delhi
• Beni Prashad of 80yrs for educating under privileged children selflessly
• Ankita Arora for fighting with 4 snatchers and getting them arrested
• Naveen Gulia for fighting against beggar maffia
• Sanjay Kumar of CISF for saving life of a person who fell in river in Kullu
• Renu Singh for fighting with snatchers and getting them arrested
• Maleika Singh Tak for saving herself from kidnappers in Jaipur
The award was followed by enthralling performance of Mohd. Irfan of Banjara song fame. While the award function was happening, Ajay Devgan was very moved and shared “I am inspired to see these real life Singhams. They are the real heroes”. More than 600 people attended the on-ground programme. The show was telecasted on 15th Aug, 8pm onwards on ABP News.
Lets Fly The Flag was presented by Black Cobra Plywood, Powered by Raj Shree Pan Masala, Co-Powered by Jharkhand Sakrar, Associate Sponsor M-Tech Mobiles, Venue Partner Amity University.