MUMBAI: The country is gearing up to celebrate India’s 68th Independence Day. The patriotic fervor is in the air. Everything from channels to radio stations, newspapers, magazines and even the digital space have donned the colours of the tricolor.
With every individual busy with their hectic lives, Independence Day is the only day where people across the country come together to celebrate regardless of their caste, creed or religion. As the I-Day nears, Indiantelevision.com takes a look at how different media organisations are celebrating this day at their offices.
* The pubcaster Doordarshan's Mumbai Kenra led by its head Mukesh Sharma has decided to throw a special Independence Day eve dinner for a select group of invitees from the cities glitterati and bring in Independence Day, reminding Indians of another generation of what happened when India attained independence on 15 August 1947. A flag hoisting ceremony will follow in the morning on 15 August followed by breakfast.
* Coming up with an innovative exercise for the I-day, Zee News is launching a campaign ‘My Earth My Duty’, under which symbolic plantation will be done at its office and also at locations like Wagah Border, Lucknow, Udhampur and Delhi. The organisation will also have a ‘Best Tiranga Girl and Boy Contest’, awarding the best dressed employees. Meanwhile, the Zee TV office will be accessorised with Tri Colour balloons and all the employees will be treated with sweets for the occasion.
* With patriotism in the air, employees at SureWaves, Bengaluru have decided to wear attire that in some ways reflects the Indian flag’s tri-colour on 14 August followed by a get-together in the office where quiz and some impromptu games are planned. The company is also toying with the idea of flag hoisting and is thinking of initiating a drive towards waste management at home. If it can, it plans to bring in an expert who will speak to the company team and their families about waste composting and waste conversion to manure depending on the expert’s availability. They are also trying to distribute small Bundi packets to remind the employees about childhood days in the school.
* While India's leading media agency's GroupM's office has already been decorated with balloons in tri-colour, chocolates will be distributed to the employees.
NDTV Good Times
* For a special Independence Day celebration, the whole of NDTV Good Times’ office will be seen in ethnic, wearing a mix of saffron, white and green.
* The DTH operator has also decided to deck up its office with saffron, white and green balloons, suiting the occasion along with snacks and songs. Knowledge will be tested with a special Independence day quiz.
While a number of media offices have something special planned for the day, a few of them like India TV, Times Now, NDTV, Sony, Atria, Star Network’s Kannada GEC – Suvarna have nothing special planned for Independence Day.
As different offices celebrate Independence Day in their own special way, we at Indiantelevision.com wish you a Happy 68th Independence Day. We will be donning ethnic wear, sing patriotic songs, ending with the national anthem. Jai Hind!