Mumbai, December 28, 2005: No one reads men better like MAXIM! Yes, look into a man's heart and you will find that…Men love sports, men love gizmos, men love cars and yes, men love girls! Having floored men across the world, MAXIM has bowled its maiden over in India. UK based Maxim today became the first international men's lifestyle magazine to make its foray in India.
Under an exclusive license agreement with Media Transasia in India, this is the magazine's 30th international edition and is priced attractively at an invitation price of Rs. 60 (against its regular cover price of Rs 100/-). Rocking for a magazine that gives you amazing bandwidth - from gizmos, celebs, sports, movies, funny laughs, bikes, cars and of course, gorgeous girls! Maxim is set out to reach men in their late 20's, producing a magazine that readers can grow into rather than out of.
"There is also a dearth of true men's lifestyle magazines and I am delighted that Maxim will be the first title to offer readers and advertisers a compelling monthly read! In a short span of time, Maxim has outshone its competition worldwide. We are positive that Maxim's Indian avatar will be as receptive to this entirely new concept that holds enormous potential here." said Mr. Xavier Collaco President, Media Transasia.
MAXIM worldwide has stood by its reputation of MAXIMising the world's hottest women by featuring them on their covers! Also seen on the first cover of the Indian MAXIM will be Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra sinfully sultry in a red outfit. The magazine will have the biggest names from Bollywood gracing the magazine covers in the months to come!
As the magazine hits the stands today, Mr. Piyush Sharma, Associate Publisher & CEO, Maxim India said, "Maxim promises to be an omnibus men's magazine. We believe that Indian men are ready for MAXIM. Of course we have attempted to Think Global And Act Local, essentially retaining the character of Maxim. In terms of design, the magazine will follow the international format. But in terms of content, 70 per cent will be local. The remaining 30 per cent will be international content, but adapted to suit Indian sensibilities."
The magazine has seen unprecedented response from the collective Indian advertising community and reader community. It has launched with an advance paid subscriber base of around 16500 numbers and with an initial print order of 80000 copies against an initial indent for an unprecedented 75000 copies by the trade. The magazine has seen top-of-the-line advertisers viz Samsung, Tommy Hilfiger, Ford, Ray Ban, Hyundai, Kingfisher Airlines, Toyota, Airtel, Jack Daniels, etc.
Enthusiastic and extremely proud of being the wicked brain behind the first Edition, Mr. Sunil Mehra, Maxim's suave Editor said, "Maxim would be a sexy-in-your-face product, what could become the ultimate international style statement, almost like a fashion accessory! Maxim is distinctly different from its competition, with editorial content with its flavour of tongue in cheek humour - in true Maxim style."
In its maiden foray, Maxim has printed an ambitious 80, 000 copies - a huge jump over the 25000-30000 copies usually printed in launch forays. The magazine is available on the newsstands starting December 28, 2005 across Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Kochin, Guwahati and Goa. Go grab your copy today!
UK based MAXIM is the largest selling men's lifestyle magazine in the world, with over 4 million copies sold globally every month. The flagship United States edition attracted a whopping figure of 14 million readers alone! With presence in 43 countries and 30 editions worldwide - Maxim is quite obviously one of the most popular men's magazines globally.
For further information contact
Chinmay Shah / Belinda Dokras
Perfect Relations, Mumbai
9892211003 / 9820284220