MUMBAI: Blaupunkt India, a world leader in car infotainment and sound, has just launched another soundproduct with respect to in-car entertainment systems. The GTb 8A promises to deliver the bass you've been missing as its 8" spun-paper woofer pumps out the low-end thump.
Commonly, it takes a sub, an enclosure and an amplifier to produce bass. Finding the right combination of these three elements can be tricky. The GTb 8A eliminates all this hassle, as Blaupunkt has designed the enclosure to house the sub and amp together. Its built-in 75-watt RMS amplifier keeps you from having to match up a separate amplifier —simply wire this sub up to your system and you're good to go.
This all-in-one solution is especially useful in smaller vehicles, where there's no room to mount a separate amp, or in any vehicle where you need every bit of cargo space. At under 11" deep, this compact sub will fit in some pretty tight places. With both speaker level and line-level inputs accepted, the GTb 8A can be connected to any type of car radio and can be fitted into all Indian entry levels hatchback, including factory-fitted models.
• Closed Subwoofer enclosure with integrated Class-A/B Amplifier
• Very small dimensions: 250 x 272/202 x 260 mm
• 200mm/8” Subwoofer with Spun Paper Cone (SPC) Membrane
• Amplifier with high power handling: 75 watts RMS / 150 watts Max.Power
• Perfect matching Subwoofer with optimized power handling
• Signal input via RCA/Cinch and highlevel
• Separate controls for lowpass filter, phase and gain
• Automatic On-/Off function via highlevel, RCA/Cinch and remote signal
• Metal speaker protectors
• MDF housing material
• EPC compatible: easy connection to the power supply by using the accessory Easy Power Connection (EPC)
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Pankaj Jagwani, Director, Blaupunkt, India said, “The car infotainment sector in India demands compact solutions that do not compromise on the deliverance of high-end technology. The GTb 8A eliminates redundancy of 3 separate products to rid the end-consumer of unnecessary hassle. We’re confident that this active subwoofer will impress Indian audiophiles.”
This powerhouse of a boom box retails at Rs. 9,990