MUMBAI : CNN International continues as the leading news and business brand in Asia Pacific, with an unrivalled connection with the region’s affluent and senior executives, according to the latest findings from Ipsos. The Pan-Asia Pacific Cross-Media (PAX) and Business Elite Asia (BE:Asia) surveys both confirm the network’s undisputed regional reach and leadership in news and business on TV, web and mobile platforms.
The latest PAX results for the period Q3 2012 to Q2 2013* show that CNN is the clear frontrunner among other international news and business brands across all metrics:
• As a TV brand, CNN’s daily audience is 59% greater than BBC World News and 2.6 times the size of CNBC’s audience.
• CNN is far more effective than any other news/business channel in connecting international business travelers (42% monthly reach vs. 29% for next placed channel)
• In the digital sphere, more of the PAX population visit CNN via web or mobile than any other media brand.
Tony Maddox, Executive Vice President of CNN International, said: “It’s most gratifying to see that our increased editorial output from Asia Pacific continues to resonate with viewers. They want intelligent, in-depth coverage and analysis, both from their region and globally. Programming such as ‘CNN Newsroom Live from Hong Kong’, ‘On China’ and ‘Talk Asia’ delivers this in clear and compelling ways. ”
Duncan Morris, Vice President of Research at Turner International Asia Pacific, said: “Coming out on top in one of these independent media surveys would be a great achievement, but to be so consistently strong in all metrics and on all platforms on both studies is clearly very pleasing. CNN has yet again demonstrated that when it comes to targeting hard-to-reach elite groups, as well as broader affluent populations, the brand is the obvious news and business leader.”
The most recent BE:Asia research# highlights that whether via TV, web or mobile, the majority of Asia’s business elite (71%) consume CNN every month. A remarkable 6-in-10 (58%) are weekly CNN brand users, while over a third (35%) are daily CNN consumers. Other highlights include:
• BE:Asia 2013 findings show clearly that CNN is the leading media brand among Asian Elites on all platforms: TV, web and mobile, and for all metrics: daily, weekly and monthly reach.
- CNN TV reaches 61% more Asian Elites each day than its closest TV news rival
- CNN Digital has 45% greater monthly reach than the next largest media brand
• Mobile is a key platform for Asia’s Business Elites, as reflected in their high smartphone and tablet ownership levels (82% and 55% respectively), and by the fact that CNN alone is able to reach almost a third (30%) of them via mobile devices.