NDTV Profit Car and Bike Awards 2010 Acknowledges India’s finest Automobiles
MUMBAI: Honda Jazz & Kawasaki Ninja 250R were named as the Car of the Year and Bike of the Year at the NDTV Profit Car & Bike India Awards 2010 held in New Delhi today. Pawan Munjal was conferred with the title of Automotive Man of the Year for his immense contribution to the Indian automobile industry while Shahrukh Khan who is brand ambassador of Hyundai i10 bagged the Best Brand Ambassador Award 2010. Toyota Kirloskar Motors bagged the Ista Hotels Green awards for their involvement in NDTV Toyota Greenathon Campaign and specific green measures taken in Innova and Fortuner. Adrian Sutil collected the MotorSport Award on behalf of the Force India Team.
The evening brought nation’s top professionals, corporate honchos and best minds in the automobile industry such as Jagdish Khattar, Pawan Munjal, Rajesh Jejurikar, Sunil Kant Munjal, Karl Sylm, on a single platform. The grand award ceremony was a celebration of the best style, technology, design and performance and recognized the finest of the speed machines that dominated the Indian terrain in 2009. It also encouraged the participants to look forward to a promising 2010 with new, exciting launches.
Recipient of Best Brand Ambassador of the Year for Hyundai i10 Shahrukh Khan said,” Automotive industry has always been perceived as the transgressor. We all keep talking about the green technology and I believe automobile industry can contribute significantly to this cause. As this day marks the launch of Hyundai electric car, I believe electric car would be the call of the day.”
On receiving the Automotive Man of the Year Award, Pawan Munjal said, “Whatever we are it’s only because of our customer. Last year everyone saw a decline in sales but we as a company had a flat year. We saw this as an opportunity to build on the momentum and drive our sales.”
The winners of NDTV Car and Bike Awards 2010 in respective categories are:
1. Motorcycle up to 125cc: Bajaj Discover DTS-Si
2. Motorcycle up to 160cc: Suzuki GS150
3. Motorcycle up to 200cc: TVS Apache RTR180
4. Motorcycle up to 250cc: Kawasaki Ninja 250R
5. Motorcycle above 250cc: Royal Enfield Classic 500
6. Scooter of the Year: Mahindra Duro
7. Import Two Wheeler of the Year: Honda CB1000R
8. CNB Viewers’ Choice Two Wheeler: Hero Honda Karizma ZMR
9. Two Wheeler Manufacturer of the Year: Hero Honda Motors
10. Bike of the Year: Kawasaki Ninja 250R
11. Micro Car of the Year: Tata Nano
12. Small Car of the Year: Honda Jazz
13. Mid-size Car of the Year: Fiat Linea
14. Executive Car of the Year: Chevrolet Cruze
15. Entry Premium Car of the Year: Skoda Superb
16. Premium Car of the Year: Mercedes Benz E Class
17. Import Car of the Year: BMW 7 series
18. SUV of the Year: Toyota Fortuner
19. MUV of the Year: Mahindra Xylo
20. Premium SUV of the Year: Audi Q5
21. CNB Viewers‘ Choice Car: Chevrolet Cruze
22. Car Manufacturer of the Year: Maruti Suzuki
23. Car of the Year: Honda Jazz
24. Automotive Product of the Year: MapmyIndia Navigation Device
25. Design of the Year: Hyundai i20
26. Automotive Technology of the Year: Bosch India
27. Ista Hotels Green Award: Toyota Kirloskar Motors India
28. Automotive Man of the Year: Pawan Munjal
29. MotorSport Award: Force India Team
30. Best Brand Ambassador: Shahrukh Khan
31. Best Integrated Campaign 2-Wheeler: Bajaj Discover & Pulsar
32. Best Integrated Campaign 4-Wheeler: No award was given in this category
33. Best PR & Communications Team: Royal Enfield
The winners of the awards were chosen by an expert jury comprising of eminent panel of auto aficionados: Gul Panag, Talented actress & a complete cruiser motorcycle fanatic, Aspi Bhathena, Editor, Car India & Bike India; Bunny Punia, Deputy Editor, Car India & Bike India Rayomand Banajee, racing driver & Nawaz Sandhu, ace lady rallyist and Siddharth Vinayak Patankar, Editor-Auto, NDTV and Anjana Beniwal, winner of the C&B be on jury contest.
A special panel of jury consisting of Sam Balsara, CEO, Madison Communications; Preeti Vyas, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Vyas Giannetti Creative; Ad Filmmaker Prasoon Pandey along with NDTV’s Shruti Verma Singh and Siddharth Vinayak Patankar chose the winners of CNB-AAA Awards category.
‘NDTV Profit Car India & Bike India Awards‘ is an attempt to felicitate the best among the best in the auto sector, which have been showcased in the highly acclaimed ‘The Car and Bike‘ show. Initiated in the year 2006, the awards have emerged as the most credible automobile industry awards, presented every year by NDTV in association with Car India and Bike India magazine team.
Valuable support has been lent to NDTV Profit Car & Bike Awards 2010 by Presenting Sponsor HDFC Ergo and Associate Sponsor Keys Hotels.
Watch the telecast of the awards on NDTV Profit on 9th Jan at 1:00pm and repeat on following Sunday at 9:00pm.