MAM

Sur-kshetra:Colors takes DTH roadblock route

http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/smartcrop_800x800/public/images/tv-images/2017/06/01/DTH-inside.jpg?itok=5M6O4fxP

MUMBAI: A roadblock strategy on two DTH platforms, heavy usage of radio and a marketing spend of Rs 60 million. That is how Colors will promote its new singing reality show, ‘Sur-Kshetra‘, which it will simulcast with Sahara One.

The half-hour block will be on Dish TV and Tata Sky from 6-8 September at 7 pm. Colors is also creating a two-day roadblock on the music streaming website, Gaana.com.

A singing battle between the Indian and Pakistani singers, the show will be promoted on Yahoo and other social media websites.

Starting 8 August, ‘Sur-Kshetra‘ will run every Saturday and Sunday at 7.30 pm for 90 minutes.

Says Colors marketing head Rajesh Iyer, "It is a co-branded show with Sahara One but the marketing effort is done through us. Wherever there is an opportunity to reach out to consumers, we have utilised that. We have a contextual advertising plan for the digital space as well. Since this show is targeted at masses, we are majorly relying on the traditional mediums and will not use on-ground activities to promote it."

Colors, according to a source, will be spending Rs 60 million to market the property.

‘Sur-Kshetra‘ is being promoted on leading radio stations with 6000+ spots. Big FM, Radio Mirchi and Radio City will also be connected with three FM stations in Pakistan - BBC Radio, Karachi FM and City FM. The RJs from India will be talking to the RJs of Pakistani radio stations about music with the main focus on ‘Sur-kshetra‘. "The promotion will be broadcast in 35 cities of India," says Iyer.

With the main focus on Hindi Speaking Market (HSM), Colors is rolling out print ads in leading newspapers across 40 cities.

The promos of the show started airing during the screening of ‘Ek Tha Tiger‘. "They were aired in 250+ screens with 6750 shows of the movie," says Iyer.

There will be 500 OOH sites across 10 cities.

"We are running a four-week campaign amounting to 2000 spots. We have also roped in cyber cafes in HSM, which will have ‘Sur-kshetra‘ theme on the homepages. For a week, selected mobile customers of Airtel, Idea and Tata Docomo will get the ‘Sur-kshetra‘ caller tune activated free," says Iyer.

Sur-Kshetra is produced by Sahara One in association with Gajendra Singh‘s Saaibaba Telefilms.

In 2010, Star Plus had launched a singing reality show with India and Pakistan pitted against each other. Titled ‘Chhote Ustaad - Do Deshon Ki Ek Awaaz‘, the show was directed by Gajendra Singh. It also aired on Geo Entertainment Television in Pakistan.

Ad sales drive

Colors has roped in Philips as the presenting sponsor while the show will be powered by Dabur. The channel is looking at getting six associate sponsors to back the early prime time property.

Philips has shelled out around Rs 80 million while Dabur has paid around Rs 66-70 million, according to industry estimates. The title sponsor is common to Colors and Sahara.

Says Havas Media CEO- India Anita Nayyar, "Any musical show in India has a loyal viewership. ‘Sur-kshetra‘ is also bringing elements of sensitivity (India-Pakistan contest) which will give it an added advantage. The success of the show will depend on the quality of singers and the format."

Colors has sold around 70 per cent of its ad inventory while keeping the other 30 per cent to sell later so that it can earn premium rates. While the sponsors are consuming 60 per cent of the inventory, the remaining 40 per cent will be consumed by spot buys.

Latest Reads

http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/17/Digital.jpg?itok=LM0bBxXP
Digital will be core of ad budgets by 2020: DAN report

MUMBAI: The increasing penetration of digital media in India is creating huge opportunities for marketers to reach out to untapped audiences in newer ways than before. Marketers are getting innovative with the way they choose to advertise to their audience.

MAM Media and Advertising Digital Agencies
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/17/voda.jpg?itok=llTNSmks
Vodafone brings back the Pug in AR

MUMBAI: Television viewers and spectators at Sunday’s grand finale of the Vodafone Premiere Badminton League broke into impromptu smiles when they realised they had unexpected company.

MAM Marketing Brands
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/17/smart.jpg?itok=5qxiMtZr
Smartworks shows tech-friendly office in new ad

MUMBAI: Provider of shared work spaces, Smartworks has launched its second brand video featuring the benefits of hassle free technology to enhance collaboration and productivity for its members.

MAM Marketing MAM
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/17/rs.jpg?itok=cJF-fG9v
Ramesh & Suresh get 'lost' again in Cadbury 5Star 3D

MUMBAI: Ramesh and Suresh are back and this time they are lost at a whole new level. Over the last twelve years, Cadbury 5Star has entertained viewers bringing to them ‘lost’ antics of the iconic duo of Ramesh and Suresh.

MAM Marketing MAM
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/16/amazon.jpg?itok=SP1ttU6t
Amazon says out with the old in Great Indian Sale ads

MUMBAI: E-commerce giant Amazon has launched its new campaign ‘Ab Sehan Kyun Karna’ in tandem with its first Great Indian Sale for 2018. The message to the customers is to do away with the old and usher in the new for the new year. The campaign features a series of ads on various situations in...

MAM Marketing MAM
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/16/rajiv.jpg?itok=gbuyOtMO
WATConsult celebrates 11 yrs with unique board game

MUMBAI: WATConsult, the digital and social media agency from Dentsu Aegis Network, has launched PlayAgency, an innovative board-game, as part of its 11th anniversary celebration. To break the monotony of regular anniversary campaigns, the agency came up with something unique which caters to all...

MAM Marketing Brands
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/15/arpila.jpg?itok=Ea7gQg73
Dentsu Webchutney launches digital campaigns for Vespa Red and Aprilia

Dentsu Webchutney has created a digital campaign for Piaggio India’s trendsetting Vespa Red that was launched the month of October last year. It is an extension of its existing global collaboration with Red, an organisation that partners with global brands to create awareness and support the fight...

MAM Marketing MAM
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/15/mentos.jpg?itok=_nB6UHxV
Perfetti Van Melle hands over media duties to Wavemaker

Perfetti Van Melle India has handed over its media duties account to GroupM’s content and technology agency Wavemaker.

MAM Marketing MAM
http://www.indiantelevision.com/sites/drupal7.indiantelevision.co.in/files/styles/340x340/public/images/tv-images/2018/01/15/rising.jpg?itok=wfrpl5-l
The rising trend of coopetition among brands

MUMBAI: Who would have thought that companies would overcome their ego and actually collaborate with other brands to come up with joint advertisements? That is the new trend in the market-coopetition (a combination of cooperative and competition).

MAM Media and Advertising Ad Campaigns

Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories