Raj Nayak quits NDTV Media to float own venture

MUMBAI: Raj Nayak is quitting NDTV Media to float a new media company, AIDEM Ventures, that aims to become a major player in India and overseas.
Nayak, who is taking his team along with him, will enter into a fresh arrangement with NDTV Ltd. As NDTV Media CEO, Nayak and his team held 26 per cent while NDTV had the remaining 74 per cent.

Set up in 2003, NDTV Media was offering advertising sales service to television channels including NDTV, Mi Marathi and Sahara‘s entertainment channels. 
Under the new arrangement, NDTV said it will save substantially on costs. Having renegotiated the terms of engagement, the company said it "will have greater control of its sales operations and at the same time ensure continuity in its revenue stream ... while working very closely with Raj’s new organisation."
Founder-promoter Prannoy Roy said, “NDTV has had a wonderful experience working with Raj and his team over the last 7 years, they are a highly talented and committed team and we look forward to working together with their new company AIDEM Ventures Ltd. under a new win-win relationship. We have full confidence in Raj Nayak’s new venture AIDEM becoming a major media player. ”

Added Nayak, “In my 23 years of experience, I ‘ve had the opportunity of handling some of the biggest media brands in India like ESPN STAR Sports, STAR TV Network & many more... but launching NDTV channels in 2003 with Radhika and Prannoy Roy & the NDTV team was one of the most exciting & challenging assignments of my career.

The brand equity of NDTV is unparalled – and sets an example on how to maintain a solid Chinese wall between commercial considerations & editorial independence. We’ve shared & continue to share a great professional relationship & personal friendship & I am thankful to the NDTV Management for continuing to place their faith in me & my team, and entrusting my new company with the responsibility of continuing with their business."

Latest Reads
Savlon shows reality of mother's love

Savlon, a health and hygiene brand from the house of ITC has launched a campaign ‘Bharosa Maa Sa’. It is a heartfelt tribute to the healing touch of mothers highlighting a simple moment of truth that every individual relates to.

MAM Marketing MAM
Mindshare appoints M K Machaiah as chief innovation officer

MUMBAI: India’s largest full service media agency, Mindshare, a part of GroupM has appointed MK Machaiah, known as Mac, as chief innovation officer for South Asia.

MAM Media and Advertising People
LG astronaut becomes the most watched ad in India this year

MUMBAI: YouTube has released its annual year-end edition of the YouTube Ads Leaderboard 2017 capturing the most celebrated ads that received maximum views, shares, and love from audiences across India. Together, the top 10 ads generated a whopping 200 million views.

MAM Marketing MAM
Ola gets Viraj Chouhan to head communications

MUMBAI: Cab hailing service Ola has appointed Viraj Chouhan as its chief communications officer. In his new role, Chouhan would be reporting to co-founder and CEO, Bhavish Aggarwal and will be based in Gurgaon, shuttling between the Millennium City and Bangalore.

MAM Marketing Brands
Levi's hands over media duties to OMD

MUMBAI: Following a comprehensive market review, Levi’s has appointed OMD India to handle its media duties from its Bengaluru office.

MAM Marketing MAM
Dentsu Webchutney to handle creative for Goomo

MUMBAI: Dentsu Webchutney, the digital agency from Dentsu Aegis network, has been assigned as the lead creative agency for, an omnichannel, travel-tech company that operates across consumer, corporate and B2B segments. The account will be managed by Dentsu Webchutney’s Mumbai office.

MAM Marketing MAM
Festival of Bharat to cast the spotlight on India

MUMBAI: History repeats itself but this time there’s a twist. A London-based investor and indophile is spellbound by India but he’s got better plans. Cory Bixler has co-founded a festival that celebrates and aims to promote India’s culture to the world - The Festival of Bharat (FoB).

MAM Media and Advertising Event Agencies
Britannia NutriChoice promotes healthy food choices

MUMBAI: Health is tough and requires a lot of sacrifice. This is the perception that deters most people from adopting a healthier lifestyle. In its new TVC campaign, Britannia NutriChoice Digestive puts forth a refreshing new point of view that when you start on your health journey, while the...

MAM Marketing MAM
Soho Square wins creative mandate for Medlife

MUMBAI: Soho Square Bangalore has won the creative mandate for MedLife, the healthcare app. The agency has been awarded the reins of the account in the aftermath of a competitive multi-agency pitch. Soho Square will now partner with MedLife on a journey to simplify healthcare by making the entire...

MAM Marketing MAM

Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories