AAAI to meet TAM and IBF this week

MUMBAI: With NDTV‘s lawsuit against television ratings provider TAM Media raising concerns among the industry affiliates, the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) and the Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA) have decided to meet with senior executives of the television ratings agency on 16 August.

Speaking to AAAI president and Leo Burnett chairman and CEO of India subcontinent Arvind Sharma said: "In the (current) environment where all has been reported about the NDTV-TAM case, we want to understand directly from TAM what the facts are. If there are genuine reasons to be concerned, and we are not prejudging that, ww will have to discus on what action can be taken."

Sharma also pointed out that a meeting with the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) is planned this week. "We are also trying to get together with the IBF urgently and it hopefully happen this week to discuss the BARC issue," he added.

Star India CEO and IBF president Uday Shankar had earlier stated that AAAI and ISA are slowing the progress on BARC. In response, Sharma had said that the two advertising bodies were waiting for the IBF to respond to the draft document (incorporating memorandum and articles of association) sent to the IBF a while back.

The AAAI, ISA and the IBF are stakeholders in the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC). While the IBF holds 60 per cent stake in BARC, AAAI and ISA equally share the remaining 40 per cent.

Latest Reads
Amazon says out with the old in Great Indian Sale ads

MUMBAI: E-commerce giant Amazon has launched its new campaign ‘Ab Sehan Kyun Karna’ in tandem with its first Great Indian Sale for 2018. The message to the customers is to do away with the old and usher in the new for the new year. The campaign features a series of ads on various situations in...

MAM Marketing MAM
WATConsult celebrates 11 yrs with unique board game

MUMBAI: WATConsult, the digital and social media agency from Dentsu Aegis Network, has launched PlayAgency, an innovative board-game, as part of its 11th anniversary celebration. To break the monotony of regular anniversary campaigns, the agency came up with something unique which caters to all...

MAM Marketing Brands
Dentsu Webchutney launches digital campaigns for Vespa Red and Aprilia

Dentsu Webchutney has created a digital campaign for Piaggio India’s trendsetting Vespa Red that was launched the month of October last year. It is an extension of its existing global collaboration with Red, an organisation that partners with global brands to create awareness and support the fight...

MAM Marketing MAM
Perfetti Van Melle hands over media duties to Wavemaker

Perfetti Van Melle India has handed over its media duties account to GroupM’s content and technology agency Wavemaker.

MAM Marketing MAM
The rising trend of coopetition among brands

MUMBAI: Who would have thought that companies would overcome their ego and actually collaborate with other brands to come up with joint advertisements? That is the new trend in the market-coopetition (a combination of cooperative and competition).

MAM Media and Advertising Ad Campaigns
Udacity launches campaign for #JobsofTomorrow

MUMBAI: Silicon Valley-based learning platform Udacity has launched its first Indian campaign in order to promote its superlative Nanodegree programs and enable Indian engineers and tech enthusiasts to become ready for the #JobsofTomorrow.

MAM Marketing MAM
US Polo launches campaign for kids category

MUMBAI: US Polo Assn has launched its new TVC that aims to highlight one of its true elements — camaraderie. Camaraderie is typically displayed between players, but the brand shows a special bond between a boy and his polo pony. The TVC opens with a young boy, who is thrilled to be introduced to...

MAM Marketing MAM
CEAT gets children to ensure parents follow road safety

MUMBAI: Indian tyre manufacturer CEAT is airing a special social media campaign to build awareness to reduce road accidents as part of the road safety week 2018, i.e., 11-17 January 2018. The campaign, ‘drive safe dad’ originates from an innovative idea that blends emotions and technology in one...

MAM Marketing MAM
India ad spend to grow by 12.5% in 2018: DAN report

The advertising spend in India is expected to grow by 12.5 per cent in 2018 from 9.6 per cent last year, according to Dentsu Aegis Network's latest ad spend report.

MAM Marketing MAM

Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories