Mumbai-based Aftek Infosys enters internet search business through European associate

MUMBAI: The Mumbai-headquartered Aftek Infosys Ltd is set to enter the Internet search engine business through its European associate, the German advertising search major, Espotting. Espotting which has a tie up with the German IT company Seekport Internet Technologies GmbH has tied up with Aftek Infosys Ltd as another German IT company Arexera information technologies has, along with its employees, acquired 56 per cent stake in Seekport Internet Technologies GmbH.

Aftek Infosys Ltd. holds 49 per cent stake in Arexera and has a firm understanding to acquire the remaining 51 per cent.



Seekport is the new avatar of erstwhile European search major Infoseek, which had been ranked number three in the top five search engines in Europe. Seekport has tied up with paid placement service Espotting to process the latter's search request. Voted as the 'Best European Paid Placement Service' by Search Engine Watch Awards, the company is the European leader in performance-based marketing. Espotting drives traffic to over 22,700 advertisers across Europe and generates 1.4 billion monthly search queries, said an official release.

Aftek Infosys chairman and ceo Ranjit Dhuru said, "With recent billion dollar acquisitions and planned IPOs happening in the search engine market, particularly with the pay-per-click model, we see exciting new possibilities for Aftek's European initiatives."

Seekport joint managing director Joachim Kreibich is quoted in the release saying, "With the search engine business offering exciting possibilities, we plan to concentrate on the European market by focusing on Great Britain and France, after German speaking countries."

Through Seekport, Internet users can now use search technology for surfing the web that offers two clear advantages over the competitors in the German-speaking countries. While on one hand, Seekport makes use of the biggest complete German language index currently offered by any search engine, on the other, this index is maintained and constantly updated by a national index team, unlike those used by competitors. In addition, Seekport offers another technological innovation to increase the quality of its search results, added the release.


Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories