Madison Outdoor pockets remainder instadia rights for Indo-Pak series

MUMBAI: It’s Pakistan ahoy for Sam Balsara’s Madison Outdoor Media Services (Moms). The outdoor marketing and management firm has pocketed the instadia rights for 40 per cent of the total available space at the various venues that the matches will be played from the Pakistan Cricket Board. Harish Thawani’s Nimbus Sport has the right to hawk the remaining 60 per cent space at the stadia.


"We are very excited by Moms foray into sports marketing,” says Madison chairman Sam Balsara, who reveals that five agencies were bidding for the same tender. “Sports marketing is a high potential business and this is a small step which we hope will be a precursor to many bigger steps.”

Moms has an association with Pakistan’s leading outdoor company, Sign Source, with offices in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, which will help the Indian firm in the words of a press release issued a short while ago “ensure efficient and speedy on–the- spot services to advertisers.”

Basically, Moms' 40 per cent share means that it can vend the instadia space to multinational advertisers whose products are available in Pakistan or companies incorporated in Pakistan. “Only brands of multinational companies which are be available in Pakistan can take up the space through us,” clarifies Balsara.

The Moms press release say the Pakistan Cricket Board has split up the rights between Moms and Nimbus “with a view to granting special concession to products and services sold in Pakistan by multi-national companies or local Pakistan companies.”

Balsara adds that Moms is working on drawing up a rate card for potential advertisers who meet the qualifications in the next two to three days. And Moms’ Arunangshu Ghosh is the contact point in Moms for the same.

Latest Reads
Guest column: Remarketing and its significance for brands

Remarketing is a smart marketing strategy that enables brands to identify and target those specific customers who have visited the brands’ website but may not have made an immediate inquiry or purchase.

MAM Marketing MAM
Wild Stone ad shows men’s desire for precious stones

McNROE, owner of brands Wild Stone and Secret Temptation has launched its latest television commercial for Wild Stone Code.

MAM Media and Advertising Ad Campaigns
Bajaj V's new film paid homage to soldiers this Martyrs' Day

MUMBAI: Bajaj V, the bike forged with the invincible metal of INS Vikrant launched the ‘Postcards of Pride’ film under its famous ‘Invincible Indians’ series. Through the film, Bajaj V asked all Indians to spare a moment to remember our martyrs who laid down their lives in military combat since...

MAM Marketing Brands
Center Fruit launches campaign with new tagline

Perfetti Van Melle India’s leading gum brand, Center Fruit, has launched a new campaign that asks consumers to make their mood Ting Tong.

MAM Media and Advertising Ad Campaigns
Balesh Sharma becomes CEO of merged Vodafone-Idea entity

Vodafone Group and Aditya Birla Group have announced the proposed new leadership team of the merger between two major telecom operators of India - Vodafone India and Idea Cellular.

MAM Media and Advertising People
Center Fruit new campaign asks consumers to make their Mood Ting Tong

Getting bored? Center Fruit now comes to the rescue by making your mood ting tong! That is the new campaign message from Perfetti Van Melle India’s leading gum brand, Center Fruit. The campaign is based on the insight that all of us have unavoidable moments of boredom in our daily life, and a...

MAM Media and Advertising Ad Campaigns
The Breitling cinema squad with Brad Pitt,Charlize Theron, Adam Driver and Daniel Wu

Breitling is pleased to announce the gifted actors who are the members of the first Breitling squads. This imaginative idea involves creating three-person groups (the squads) whose members are all recognized masters in their respective professions. Rooted in the dynamic values of Breitling –...

MAM Marketing MAM
Vivo launches V9 with Aamir Khan

MUMBAI: Handset maker Vivo, has launched Vivo V9, its first flagship smartphone in India with the brand’s new India ambassador Aamir Khan. The phone is designed for the millennials who seek the best smartphone experience.

MAM Marketing Brands
Vice India raring to break into a sprint

MUMBAI: Vice India is betting big on its creative agency Virtue Worldwide, which has helped provide solutions to brands in several markets.  Among the brands under its banner are ABInBev, Samsung, Uber, Airbnb and Google. Now, the agency within the Shane Smith, Suroosh Alvi-founded outfit is...

MAM Marketing MAM

Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories