Sony ropes in 10 sponsors for Kaun Banega Crorepati

share this on
0 0
By Posted on : 30 Aug 2012 10:19 pm

MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (Set) has roped in eight associate sponsors and two title sponsors for the sixth season of its premium game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’.


The channel has once again got Cadbury as the title sponsor on board while the show is powered by Idea. The associate sponsors for the show are Axis Bank, Just Dial, Ceat, Maruti, Sony India, Hero Motor Corp and Aakash Institute. Sony might extend the number to 11 by bringing one more associate sponsor on board.


MSM president network sales, licensing and telephony Rohit Gupta said, “KBC is an impact property and we have received great response from the advertisers for this season too. We are expecting to grow by 20-25 per cent this season.”


As reported earlier, Kaun Banega Crorepati 5 had made Rs 2 billion from ad revenue.


Gupta said that 70 per cent of the inventory would be consumed by sponsors. "The remaining 30 per cent will be for spot buys. There is some inventory left for spot buys that we are looking to sell during festive season of Diwali so that we can charge a higher premium. Right now we are offering a packaged deal for spot buyers who are advertising for all the episodes," he added.


Starting 7 September, Kaun Banega Crorepati 6, will air Friday-Sunday at 8.30 pm. The show this season will air for 21 weekends with 58 episodes. It will also comprise special episodes with “unique” and “distinct” themes which will capture a little bit of India in every episode, lined up to ignite the minds and hearts of Indian audiences, the channel said.


“It is a glorious moment for all of us at Sony to bring back another power packed season of the magnificent game show Kaun Banega Crorepati on our network, This year’s theme ‘Sirf Gyaan Hi Aapko Aapka Haq Dilata Hai’ celebrates knowledge as the greatest leveller in our society and a potent change agent,” Multi Screen Media COO N.P Singh said in a statement.

img
Go Top