MUMBAI: With the digital domain proving to be a success mantra the second edition of Hero Hockey India League continues its success run in reaching out to its fans. The Facebook page of Hero Hockey India League today crosses 7.75 lacs fan base and has seen an addition of more than 2.0 lacs fans, post 25th January 2014 when the League started.
Many interesting facts have come to the forefront this year through the Facebook page and which in a way showcases the fact that Hockey is yet again becoming a household entertainment game. The page has witnessed high engagement this year
- More Women have been added on the page than Men
- Women this year have engaged on the page more than men in terms of Liking and even commenting on the daily posts
- Last year the ratio of men vs women was 96:4. This year the ratio is 90:10
- Every post on the page has a reach of 28 million FB users
- 78% of the fan-base are in the age group of 13-24
- 4.85 lac fans have either liked or shared the post through their FB profile
Speaking on the huge fan following on the Facebook Page, Dr. Narinder Batra, Chairman, Hockey India League said “it’s a very happy moment for us because this kind of involvement on the FB page has proved that this game is still alive in people’s hearts. This kind of direct involvement by the Fans reiterates our belief that Hockey has always been the game that the nation looks up to. The fact that women have engaged more is the most satisfactory feeling that everyone at Hockey India is excited about”.
The 2nd edition of Hero Hockey India League kick-started on 25th Janaury 2014 and will culminate with the semi-finals and finals at Ranchi on 22nd and 23rd February 2014. The month long tournament features 6 teams who are fighting to win the title and bring glory to their home state.
For further information please contact Shilpi Bawa / Sumeet Saurabh / Supreet Ahuja / Nishant Shukla / Ashish Shiromani 9711306385 / 9711306639 / 9999202252 / 9811515535 / 9871520056 Adfactors PR