At the convention curtain raiser held in Mumbai on 29 January 2003,
FICCI Frames 2003 chairman Yash Chopra stated that the 2003 convention
had been extended by a day as "it has become bigger and bigger
with every passing year". The organising committee will probe
opportunities in new markets in South East Asia.
The convention will have its share of glamour with local and global
stars such as Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Kamal Haasan, Bernando
Betrolucci and Dev Anand addressing the inaugural session.
The highlights of Frames 2003 are as follows:
* Biggest global convention in Asia covering the entire gamut of
* The only of its kind in India, one of the fastest growing markets
for the entertainment industry.
* All global conglomerates like Sony, AOL - Time Warner, News Corp,
Vivendi- Universal, Viacom with presence in India have participated
* Thoughtfully structured interactive plenary and business sessions
with the best minds from global and the Indian entertainment industry.
* Participation by Indian and global entertainment conglomerates.
* Country specific business delegations from UK, USA, France, Australia,
New Zealand, Germany, Canada, Hong Kong, South Africa, Italy, Fiji,
* Presence of large numbers of financial institutions, banks, equity
investors, VCs, facilitating fructification of ideas.
* Opportunity to meet and discuss policy issues with the key government
* Research reports on industry status, alternative financing options
and legal framework.
* Exhibition and showcasing of technology.
* Opportunities to network and form business alliances with more
than 1500 delegates from across the entire spectrum of media and
the entertainment industry.
* Gala night and networking dinner.
A special conference by the e-entertainment alliance - FICCI, NASSSCOM,
TIE - will be held on 13 March. Reliance Entertainment chairman
Amit Khanna heads e-entertainment alliance.