UTV to de-list UK motion biz in January

MUMBAI: UTV Software Communications plans to de-list its UK motion pictures subsidiary UMP Plc in January next year.

“Cancellation is expected to occur at 7 am on 8 January, 2010,” UTV said in a filing to BSE.

UTV, which currently owns 76.82 per cent, has also approved the scheme of arrangement to acquire the remaining 23.18 per cent stake in the company, valuing the overseas subsidiary entity at $271.92 million (Rs 13.1 billion).

As reported earlier by, in July this year the board of UTV had approved the scheme to acquire the remaining in UMP Plc to consolidate its motion picture business.

UTV said, "If the scheme becomes effective, UMP will be dissolved (without winding up). Application will be made to the London Stock Exchange for the cancellation of the UMP shares from admission to trading on AIM (Alternative Investment Market)."

Under the proposal, holders of every 3.75 UMP shares will get one new UTV share. The proposal values each UMP share at $2.61, based on the Indian closing price of Rs 475 per UTV share on 11 September.

UMP would convene a court meeting of shareholders pursuant to the approval received from the High Court of the Isle of Man for the purpose of approving the said scheme, the filing said.

UMP Plc, formerly UTV Motion Pictures Plc, is a holding company for UTV (Mauritius). Under the proposed plan, there would also be a merger of UTV (Mauritius), which is UMP‘s subsidiary, into UTV pursuant to the Indian scheme and a scheme of arrangement under Mauritius law between UTV (Mauritius).

Latest Reads
Zee Studio to premiere the post-apocalyptic horror drama - MAGGIE!

Zee Studio, the hollywood movie destination, brings the Indian television premiere of Maggie. Starring multi-award winner Arnold Schwarzenegger and Academy Award-nominee, Abigail Breslin, this post-apocalyptic drama premieres on 10 December 2017, Sunday at 12 noon and 9 pm.

Movies Hollywood
Demonetisation, decline in govt ads impact UFO Q2 numbers

BENGALURU: Indian digital cinema distribution network and in-cinema advertising platform UFO Moviez Ltd (UFO) reported a 12.8 percent year-on-year (y-o-y) decline in consolidated operating revenue for the quarter ended 30 September 2017 (Q2 FY 2017-18) as compared with the corresponding year ago...

Movies Movies On Mutiple Platforms
The modern day economics of film financing

Only 2 per cent of the total movies released in 2016 in the US were computer graphic (CG) animation, yet they grossed more than 21 per cent of the US box office collection. Strong animation brands have longer shelf-life and generate revenue for years.

Movies International
Bengali film Posto to premiere on Hoichoi before satellite TV

NEW DELHI: Digital Bengali entertainment content platform Hoichoi has acquired exclusive digital rights of this year’s most successful Bengali feature film Posto, ensuring it a world digital premiere today before a satellite TV premiere. This will provide Bengali moviemakers a robust additional...

Movies Regional
PVR acquires minority stake in US luxury theatre chain

PVR Ltd (PVR) will acquire a minority stake in US-based luxury restaurant and theatre iPic-Gold Class Entertainment (iPic).

Movies Hindi
Eros reports higher profit margin despite fewer releases

BENGALURU: Sunil Lulla-led Eros International Media Limited (Eros) reported 21 per cent margin (on operating income) for consolidated profit after tax (PAT) for the quarter ended 30 September 2017 (Q2 FY 2017-18) as compared with 12.8 per cent margin for the corresponding quarter a last ago. The...

Movies Hindi
Inox reports increase in revenue, profits for second quarter

BENGALURU: Indian cinema chain Inox Leisure Limited (Inox) has reported improved revenue and net profit after tax (PAT) for the quarter ended 30 September 2017 (Q2-18, current quarter) as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year (Q2-17, year ago quarter). Inox revenue from...

Movies Hindi
1700 films received on ending violence against women film contest

NEW DELHI: Around 1700 entries from over 600 colleges have come in response to a campaign launchged earlier this year for two-minute films on generating debate and promote positive change in cultural and social norms around the value of women in India. The campaign ‘#BasAbBahutHogaya – Enough is...

Movies Hindi
Reduce GST on film industry, IMPPA pleads to FM Jaitley

NEW DELHI: The Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association (IMPPA) has urged the government to fix 5 per cent as the maximum GST rate that should be charged on all goods and services connected with the entertainment industry including entertainment tax.

Movies Hindi

Latest News

Load More

Sign up for our Newsletter

subscribe for latest stories